Monday, April 5, 2010

My Daughters speak Sign Language

My husband speaks it too.. I don't know it and don't want to learn it. It's so boring. My girls enjoy the time they spend with their father. There are many aha moments for them. I feel excluded and jealous. I think it really unfair. I consider my girls my creations.

Its been unfair from the start

I carried them for nine months. It was uncomfortable and I had nausea. Then I gave birth to them the natural way which is not fun. That's risking my life. Both of them them resemble their father. Not fair.
I nursed my elder daughter for hours at end. I was a believer of demand feeding. She was a nocturnal so I stayed up at night. I had to put up with my mother's fussing and criticism. I was in a constant state of fatigue. Well after all this the first smile was to her father. She spoke her first words to her father. Not fair.

I was a full time mum. Took care of my girls with the greatest care. I drove them around and supervised their studies. Whenever the girls did anything well everybody says " like the father". I am sure I am blamed for everything that goes wrong. Not fair.

After all this the father and daughters speak a language I don't understand. It's sine and cos, integration and differentiation and the fun's just starting... I'm dreading it. I would have been interested if it was history or literature.

During term test time I distracted and disturbed them. I know it's stupid. I wonder if fathers feel left out when the kids spend time the mothers... I suppose not. They must be saints like my husband.
( shall edit later have to pick up my girl from school)



4 comments:

  1. ha ha ha! so they are math nerds! don't worry and don't feel bad, I wouldn't mind not knowing about Sin, tan & Cos. A life with trig aint a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely there must be something you guys all have in common! Or at least the three of ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww..... for what it's worth I think you're a brilliant mum and have had numerous subtle influences on your girls that has made them what they are today! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a matter of fact Husbands often do feel left out. In case you haven't noticed, Mothers and daughters also share a secret language that fathers cannot comprehend. A language that consists of nail varnish and pedicures and dresses and cute boys and related subjects...

    Fathers simply do not have the mental capacity to handle these topics so there really is no hope..

    let your husband share a secret mathematical language with your kids.. In case you still feel left out start your own secret language...

    ReplyDelete