Thursday, February 25, 2010

Age Miracle Cream Did Not Work

I AM a Desperate Wife

I am sure you have seen the ad. A wrinkled, spotty and dull skinned woman is turned into a beauty with a flawless complexion within 7 days by a miracle cream. The husband notices the change and his attitude towards the wife changes. He serves her a romantic candlelit dinner. A romantic and risque conversation ensues. Remember all this happens after after the wife uses the cream for 7 days." Who believes all this crap?" you ask yourselves. Well th answer is women like me. Middle aged women desperate for the attention of their busy husbands.


So I Bought the Miracle Cream
I am a sceptic and a pessimist but I could not resist the ad. Also my friend Sammy said the cream worked for her I believed her because she is smart and sensible. This cream is not cheap. My husband called me" high maintenance "when I bought it. I am OK with the way I look but I wanted my husband's attitude towards me to change.

I Noticed the Change
I noticed a change in my face within 7 days. The skin was dry and felt taut. I am yet to see a change in my husband even after using the cream for 7 weeks. He still comes home, in time for dinner, tired after work. He eats whatever I cook without complaining, for which I am grateful. Then I get to listen to the sweet music of his snoring.

The advertisers Know Us Too Well
My husband is a typical lankan husband from what my friends tell me. Most middle aged men are busy with work. They are at the prime of their careers. The middle aged woman can see the signs of aging on her face which makes her insecure. If the woman has two lovely teen-aged daughters, like I do, who remind her frequently that she is old it makes matters worse.

The advertisers are smart to use these facts. We desperate women suspend our disbelief to buy the cream. A miracle cream can't teach a husband to cook and serve a fancy meal. I was stupid to think that it would. I am sure the man in the ad is a gigolo. Thats what I tell myself to console myself. A husband who doesn't notice a new hairstyle is not going notice the effects of a cream, however miraculous.

Actually I am reassured because my husband did not noticed my (hopefully) younger looking skin. If he had I would have started worrying that he would leave me for a younger woman.

4 comments:

  1. It is not your fault or the fault of the cream! the add was made for a indian audience IT ONLY WORKS ON INDIAN MEN! (guess the smell or some thing)so don't worry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would take it as a compliment that he did not notice - he sees you in the same light not getting any older... the best spin i can put on it..but seriously he may just like you just the way you are..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww... that sucks! I always notice when a woman changes her hair. But then I probably pay way too much attention to detail.

    And I don't think the aging matters. Besides if your husband got all excited now he'd never get back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the funny and thoughtful comments. Cheered me up.

    ReplyDelete