Sunday, February 14, 2010

Please not Duminda Silva

Rapist and Abuser
Duminda Silva was imprisoned for raping a 13 year old girl. Pedophiles are people with serious psychological problems. This man also kept Anarkali a virtual prisoner and abused her. When she escaped she was kidnapped. Well that's what Anarkali said. The only reason any party would nominate Duminda is because he has money and thugs.

UPFA does not need Duminda
The ruling party, the UPFA, is sure to win the upcoming general elections. They have enough resources to fight the elections (legitimate or otherwise). So they do not need Dumimda Silva. If MR is serious about the Mahinda Chinthana he has to get capable people elected to parliament. I mean with the knowhow, skills and ability to spearhead the development program not people capable of criminal activities. Maybe the MR has no choice but to nominate Duminda as no decent person is willing to come forward.

I am specially sickened by Duminda because I am the the mother of two girls who are teenagers. They are so innocent and vulnerable. If a teenager is raped her whole life is ruined and it will affect even her future children. The effects of this wile deed will be felt for generations. Originally I wanted to write this as a plea to the President but then decided that it is pointless.

Things look good for Duminda
According to the word on the street Duminda will be nominated and he will elected to parliament because he has money to throw around (so probably it's ill gotten) . So we will have to see the larger than life images of this aberration of human nature for a while.

It's not all Bad
Last weekend I was driving to Odel to satisfy my craving for a Burger from the Sandwich Factory. I lost my appetite completely when I saw the big billboard of Duminda calling himself the " Pride of Colombo". Thy say every cloud has a silver lining so I am hoping I'd be able to shed my extra kilos thanks to Duminda.

1 comment:

  1. why dont you write an article to help the poor or how to help the poor. or carry out some development projects to help the poor. oops sorry not efficient in doing so. well why dont you then let atleast the great people like duminda silva who has dedicated his life in helping the poor to do so.

    ReplyDelete