Thursday, January 21, 2010

Art exhibition JDA Perera Gallery

Event - Opening art exhibition JDA Perera Gallery
Duration - January 22 to February 4th
Location - 46 Horton Place, Colombo 7
Time - 10 am to 7 pm

Great Exhibition of the works of around 40 painters and sculptors, all teachers ( past and present ) of the College of Fine Arts now the University of Visual and Performing Art. The beautiful gallery has 3 levels.

Please visit the exhibition. Rare opportunity to see the works of lots of great artists at the same time.

I am not qualified to express opinions on art, in fact quite clueless about art. I'll just tell you what I liked.

Old Artists
JDA Perera - Portraits . Exquisite.
David Paynter - Portraits
Tissa Ranasinghe - Sculpture

New Artists
RM Dharmasena - Oils . Don't Know what they are but I thought them beautiful. Abstracts?
Sarath Gunasiri Perera - Same as above
JC Rathnayaka - dull colours in acrylic. I usually like bright and bold, but I love these paintings for some reason.



































No comments:

Post a Comment