Saturday, January 16, 2010

MeMa Poll says 80% For Sarath Fonseka

Reason

During the past couple of weeks I have seen the results of several polls. The widely divergent results ( some totally absurd) confused me. I decided do carry out my own poll. I am honest, reasonable and non partisan therefore the perfect pollster.

Date - January 16, 2010 (10 days before the election)

Place - Neighborhood of our parliament

Occasion - Funeral House ( mala batha)

Sample - 26

Result - Sarath Fonseka 21
Mahinda Rjapaksa 4 ( brave people )
Undecided 1 ( coward)

Percentages - Sarath Fonseka 80%
Mahinda Rajapaksa 20%

Interpretation - Not a random sample of the population.

Benefit - I found out the reasons for the widely diverging poll results.

1. Sample not random
2. Results are works of fiction ( nobody was asked)
Note : I ate too much rice with dry fish curry, my Favourite food, so have been in hibernation till now.



2 comments:

  1. What about pumpkin? Aren't they supposed to serve pumpkin + dried fish for Mala batha?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not "Undecided" voters are coward, but you are. For surely!

    ReplyDelete