Sunday, January 31, 2010

Scaredy Mama needs Help

Risk Averse
When it comes to mothering I am totally risk averse. I am overprotective. I have not allowed my daughter to go to parties if there are boy there. I am called the restrictive mother by my daughter and her friends. I take decisions that I think I'll regret the least. Reason for being a stay at home mum.

Dangerous Boys
Today I put my beautiful daughter into a coed school. It was against her wishes. I persuaded my husband. I am so scared. If something goes wrong I can only blame myself. I don't have sons, so boys look like scary alien creatures to me. Even though most probably they are nice little mama's boys.

HELP!!!!!
Please help me. I need reassurance. Any moms out there who have daughters in coed schools? Tell me it's going to be OK. PLEASE!!!

3 comments:

  1. What exactly are you worried about? Why don't you spell it out?

    I've been to a co-education school in Sri Lanka for a few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God... what are you worried about? That's she gonna get laid? Seriously?

    It's all very simple. How did you raise her and what were you like when you were a kid. Some kids just won't mess around.

    If they are the kind of kid that messes around then there is nothing you can do about it. Trust me a good friend of mine's mother finally gave up on her because she is nothing like her sister who is the complete good girl.

    Another friend of mine was banned from going out. Didn't stop her from putting on her 'hot clothes' and climbing over the wall to get to the night club! Go figure...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Bardo & Foxhound-Thanks for the reality check
    Ok.. I confess. I do not want my daughter to have a boyfriend. I don't want her distracted from studies, sad, heart broken. I don't think now is the time for all that.ALs are important.
    I protected my daughter so I don't think she can handle boys.. She is a good girl and happy at her new school so I am hoping everything will turnout ok.

    ReplyDelete