Friday, January 29, 2010

Orgy Vs. Making Love

I am a very private person.
I don't like people being aware of my private pleasures. The brave and the uninhibited who participate in orgies - well I am sure they have lot of fun but it's not my thing. I like privacy, I need privacy and pleasure for me is always guilty pleasure.

My greatest pleasure
I love reading. I need books for survival and sanity. I am a bookaholic. I have to have a novel with me at all times, whatever the circumstances. I even took books on my honeymoon. My husband did not mind because he had brought study material in preparation for a course he was going to follow (Yes, we are a couple of weirdos. My husband read even while I was in labour)

So you would think I am sure to be at the Galle Literary Festival this weekend. It's supposed to be the book lover's version of heaven. Well you are wrong.

A literary festival is an orgy

1. I don't want to be in a crowd of lovers. I don't want to flaunt my private pleasures.
2. I don't want to discuss anything with writers. Specially their books. It will be like discussing intimate details with my mother in law.
3. I don't want to know how books are written. Learning anatomy and biology destroys the ability to have pleasure.

I will continue to enjoy the pleasures of reading. It's a strictly private affair between the book and me. I will do it my way.

All of you who went to the festival, hope you had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment